The practicum unit (6 ECTS) is mandatory for all students of the MA programme. It is equivalent to approx. 150 hours in activities related to the student’s learning goals for the placement; of these, 90 hours correspond to the tasks carried out at the organisation or agency, 20 to the initial stages of the practicum experience (application for admission, tutorial support, etc.) and the remaining 40 to the writing of the final report (see Degree Statement, p. 55).
The module affords students a unique opportunity to:
integrate theory and practice and apply the knowledge and skills acquired in the different courses of the Degree;
familiarise themselves with the functioning of outside organisations which have established internship agreements with the three universities participating in the Degree. (Click here for the internships available in 2018-2019 and the competencies and skills acquired at each organisation.)
The academic coordinator will work with students to secure a placement for each of them at one of the organisations that have agreed to collaborate with the Degree. For this purpose, every year by the end of October the Call for Applications for placements is advertised at the three universities involved. (See the Call for Applications corresponding to the current academic year).
The following criteria are used for selecting and allocating students to particular placements:
(1) Grade point average of the BA degree granting access to the MA programme. Weight: 100 percent.
(2) Special consideration for placement allocation is given only when the student is registered as a sick or disabled dependent, or has a major health problem requiring frequent specialised treatment at a certain location.
Assessment of the practicum module:
Assessment takes into account the different stages of the practicum experience and comprises the following:
(1) Assessment by the student’s supervisor at the organisation/company/firm, etc.
(2) The student’s final written report on his/her activities at the placement.
(3) Assessment by the student’s academic supervisor, on the basis of (1) and (2).
For fuller details, please refer to the following documents: